My work is divided between clinic-based treatments and group offerings. I run a fully sustainable clinic in Broadstairs, Kent and offer Upledger craniosacral therapy and somato emotional release, a diverse range of massage treatments, medical acupuncture, lymphatic drainage and women’s health treatments. My intention is to approach every treatment with a sense of fresh enquiry and enthusiasm.
I have accrued over 25 years of experience assisting people individually and within groups to improve all aspects of their health and wellbeing, both in conventional and complementary healthcare settings.
I have always been fascinated with the way in which we integrate our thoughts, emotions, intuitive knowledge, breath and sensual experience through our body. I have a keen interest in spiritual teachings and have studied a diverse range of practices, both ancient and modern, in my quest for authenticity, self-awareness and ownership.
My career in paediatric nursing ignitied my passion for child health and women’s wellbeing. Since leaving conventional health care settings, I have been blessed to teach antenatal, postnatal and baby yoga to well over 1000 women and babies and run regular birth preparation workshops. My personal experience of pregnancy and childbirth has been diverse, from a caesarean section to a water birth at home (in that order and everything in between!). I recognise that each pregnancy, birth, child and mother is unique and firmly believe that yoga, therapeutic touch and being listened to can enhance health and wellbeing for all.
I became aware of emotional blockages stored in my womb and began to track my menstrual cycle and explore somatical womb listening practices to re-establish a healthy menstrual cycle and to reconnect with my feminine intuition. I studied womb awakening with the Fountain of Life and assisted on the Institute of Feminine arts teacher training programme before writing my own 13 moon embodiment course and delivering womb awareness work. My womb awareness work incorporates aromatherapy, breath work, creative expression, herbal medicine, movement medicine, naturopathy, sound therapy, therapeutic touch, womb listening, journeying, pulsing and steaming and I run a FHT accredited womb massage course and other training.
I am a very seasonal creature. In the autumn and winter I offer more yoga classes, feminine arts courses, retreats and training. In the spring and summer I can be found in or on the sea, harvesting plants and herbs or making products and offering stand alone workshops.
- Massage: BTEC Level 5, VTCT, ITEC and FHT diplomas in Abdominal sacral massage, aromatherapy, deep tissue, developmental baby massage, facial massage, Indian head, holistic massage, hot/cold stone, manual lymphatic drainage, pregnancy massage, Swedish massage, therapeutic massage, and Thai massage.
- CPD clinical and medical massage, the myofascial body, postural assessment, trigger point therapy and kinesiology.
- Dip HE Paediatric nursing, BSc modules in children’s cardiac nursing, high dependency nursing, public health nursing, health needs assessment.
- Reiki Level 2
- British Wheel of Yoga teacher
- Birthlight Baby Yoga and Toddler yoga teacher
- British School of Yoga prenatal, pregnancy and postnatal yoga teacher.
- Osteon Medical Acupuncture and Spinal Articulation Practitioner
- Fountain of Life womb awakening teacher.
- Institute of Feminine Arts womb awakening practitioner.
- Upledger Craniosacral therapist in training (currently trained to SER 2)
- UNICEF breast feeding Counsellor